- Simply call the One Step Patient Transfer Center at 1-877-550-XFER (9337) expressing interest in transferring a patient to a hospital.
- The nurse or EMT at the One Step Patient Transfer Center locates the appropriate attending physician on call and facilitates a recorded conference call among the referring doctor, accepting doctor and a Transfer Center representative to establish a clinical picture.
- A final decision on acceptance is based on overall capacity, census, OR cases, trauma and other pending transfers.
After contacting the One Step Patient Transfer Center, a nurse or EMT will initiate the transfer process and ask you for the following information:
- Referring hospital name and phone number
- Referring physician name and number
- Patient name, age, diagnosis, and type of specialty care or service requested.
- Insurance, eligibility, and authorization for transfer. (Note: This verification is waived for all patients who meet EMTALA criteria)